Sunday, July 11, 2010

NCDC - It's here!

DSC_01002

I told you in my last post that NCDC was coming, and yes i've been a little slack with the updates but I finally got the piccies uploaded! All I can say is what a weekend! It was as fabulous as last time and the time before that, and it gets bigger every year. And, it was a chance for me to really put my camera through it's paces with some fly-by action shots!

DSC_02222

DSC_04882

DSC_03622

{ Jess getting her face on for the latin section }

The fashions this year were particularly nice. In the past years there have been some truly awful trends, ruffles, highlighter colours, the works. This year they toned down the colours and everything was a whole lot more elegant, and more about the rhinestones and the beading, as well as the way the dresses moved about the floor.

DSC_02362

DSC_02442

DSC_02592

Beautiful colours, beautiful volume. Guh.

And then there were the.....not so pretty ones. There are always a few every year...

DSC_02622

..Oh dear. There was another I didn't get a photo of, highlighter yellow and leopard print. Geez. What were they thinking?

DSC_03012

DSC_03022

This was the standout dress for me out of the whole weekend. Just gorgeous. The flow and movement when they got going was breathtaking, and the wrapping around the bodice captured the light so perfectly. The only downside was there was a LOT of white dresses around this year, though this one stole the show in every event it was in.

DSC_03132

DSC_03142



DSC_04552

DSC_04532

{ This is Julia, one of the most naturally gifted up and coming young dancers out there at the moment. Isn't she divine? If you saw her on the floor, your mouth would drop, how could someone so young be so damn talented?

DSC_04542

{ I LOVED these little flowers in her hair, icing on the cake }

Now, I've saved the best until last. Feast your eyes on the showcase for the evening, the top of the dancing chain, the best pair of latin dancers in the entire world, Riccardo Cocchi and Yulia Zagoruychenko. They. are. ......I can't even describe them. Riccardo is a sex god, let's put it that way, he commands the stage so brilliantly, that as soon as he starts to dance everyone is in complete awe. And Yulia, oh lord, you have never seen anyone move the way she does. She is like melted butter, sex on legs, I want to BE her. God. They honoured us with their presence and did not disappoint. I snapped a few lucky shots of their magnificence.

DSC_05842

DSC_05832

DSC_05782

DSC_05512

DSC_05622

KAJDGLKJGKKDJGJ. So amazing, I am speechless.

As I knew I would, I had a complete ball. For my dance friends and I, it's one hell of a party.

DSC_04662

DSC_05412




No comments: